Check the Register...


Associate Memberships / First Aider / Community First Responder:
- First Aider requires a certificate in First Aid or Advanced First Aid
- CFR requires either an NHS Ambulance Trust CFR Certificate, FutureQuals Level 3 Certificate for Ambulance Service First Responders, QA Level 2 Award for Community First Responders (RQF)

Ambulance Care Assistant / Health Care Assistant / Phlebotomist:
- ACA requires either an NHS Ambulance Trust PTS Certificate, FutureQuals Level 3 Certificate in Ambulance Patient Care, Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (FREC 3) or evidence of having completed equivalent quality training in all associated modules

Emergency Care Assistant / Emergency Care Support Worker:
- ECA requires either an NHS Ambulance Trust ECA/ECSW Certificate, FutureQuals Level 3 Diploma in Ambulance Emergency and Urgent Care Support (FREC 3) in combination with an NHS approved blue light driving qualification, Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (FREC 4) or evidence of having completed equivalent quality training in all associated modules

Ambulance Technician (IHCD equivalent or higher) / Associate Ambulance Practitioner / Student Paramedic:
Technician requires either an IHCD Technician Certificate or an NHS Ambulance Trust EMT Certificate equal to an IHCD Technician, a QA Level 5 Diploma in First Response Emergency and Urgent Care (RQF) or evidence of having completed equivalent quality training in all associated modules

- AAP requires a FutureQuals Level 4 Diploma for Associate Ambulance Practitioners

Appear on public registry

Access to a self-managed profile

Associate with 3rd party organisations

Allow organisations to view your qualification evidences

CPD Portfolio Tool

Verified Status on Profile

Registration Identity Card

Access to future account content upgrades

There are other membership grades which may not feature on the list above, please contact us should you have any queries.


Give members of the public, other services and potential employers even more confidence in who you are by becoming verified. Level 2 membership includes:

Verification of Qualifications

Verification of Identity

Verified Check symbol on Public Profile

Verified DVLA Licence Record

CPD Portfolio Manager

HPA Registration Identity Card

Features of ID card include:

  • HPA ID number
  • Name and surname
  • ID photo
  • Date of birth
  • Signature
  • Clinical grade
  • Blue light driver qualifications
  • Confirmation that DBS has been checked
  • QR link to profile
  • Biometric ready
  • 3rd party site access ready - such as NHS or private sector stations and hospitals using your HPA ID card


* Please note that due to the incorporated security features it can take up to 8 weeks to produce and deliver registrants their HPA Identity Card.

Accepted Blue Light Driving Qualifications

HPA will  only accept blue light driver qualifications that are accepted by at least one organisation/service operating as a statutory emergency service provider, these services are predominantly Police, Fire and Rescue, NHS Ambulance Service - Hospitals with formal agreements in place with their local NHS Ambulance Trust to contract/conduct such journeys as High Dependency Unit transfers typically with associated CAD incident numbers assigned by the NHS Ambulance Service will also be recognised by HPA.

For clarification an NHS ambulance service” means—

(a)an NHS trust or NHS foundation trust established under the National Health Service Act 2006 which has a function of providing ambulance services;

(b)an NHS trust established under the National Health Service (Wales) Act 2006 which has a function of providing ambulance services;

(c)the Scottish Ambulance Service Board.

If your blue light driving certificate is not accepted for use on public roads by at least one organisation within one the above described services we cannot reflect it on your HPA National ID card or profile.

NB HPA recognised 4x4 emergency response driver entitlement: Please note that unless you specifically supply 4x4 training evidence or contact us to discuss 4x4 entitlement by default 4x4 will not be included on your HPA blue light drivers licence card. A certificate orsigned statement from a recognised NHS driver trainer stating that you have been specifically trained in a blue light scenario to operate the vehicle using four wheel drive on low friction surfaces such as snow, mud and off road must be supplied. *Being trained in normal conditions using a 4x4 capable vehicle does not qualify as specialist 4x4 emergency response driver training.

We will check registrant's:

Identity, address and date of birth with credit reference agencies, the electoral role and the death register. Please note that this is a soft credit check and will not affect your rating.

Driving status with the DVLA

Driving certificates (this may include contacting issuing organisations)


Clinical certificates (this may include contacting issuing organisations)

Ambulance technicians and Associate Ambulance Practitioners may be asked to supply evidence of having completed 750 hours as a trainee.

DBS Checking

All level 2 registrants should be registered with the DBS update service - this costs £13 per year payable directly to the Disclosure and Barring Service (free for volunteers) -  you can sign up here

If you still have to register for this service please provide us with a copy of your most recent DBS and seek to register with the update service the next time a DBS check is carried out on your name.

This service reduces the need to apply for multiple Certificates when you move from one job to another in the same workforce or when a recheck is required.

Organisations can carry out a quick online Status check to see if an individual’s Certificate is still up to date – saving you both time and money. View the organisations who have checked the status of your Certificate(s).

*If you are not registered with the update service and are unable to join as you are past the 19 day registration period, we will need to see your original certificate which can be sent in with your qualification documents. Alternatively, if an organisation you are associated to via HPA is a key partner they can also confirm the validly of your DBS certificate and you can send us a copy electronically. When your employer carries out your next DBS check please ensure that you register with the update service within 19 days and notify HPA to allow us to link it to your profile.

Drivers Licence Checking

All level 2 registrants who are drivers must provide HPA with a DVLA driver's license validation check code.

We require:

  •   a scan/photo of your driver's license - front only
  •   your full driver's license number
  •   a check code from you the driver generated by the DVLA

You must provide HPA with the DVLA check code within 21 days. The code can only be used once - please do not test it or you will need to get a new code.

You can request a check code for FREE from the DVLA here. 

Please be aware that the DVLA check driver's license system is still quite new and if it does not initially produce your code you may need to engage with an agent via "Live chat with DVLA":


Alternatively, you can contact DVLA - for help using the online service:

Telephone: 0300 083 0013 
Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm
Saturday, 8am to 2pm

Please let us know if you have any difficulty accessing this service.

HPA will never share your DBS or Drivers Licence Data with 3rd parties - This information is required for our due diligence process. Only organisations to whom registrants have granted association status via their membership control panel will have visibility of these results.

For more information:

Telephone: 0333 3444 351
Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm

Accepted documentation to take into an HPA key partner center (at least one form of identity and two proof of address documents must be presented):

Proof of ID documents

Proof of UK address documents

Full and valid UK or foreign passport

Full UK paper driving license

Photocard national identity card

* UK or foreign bank/credit card statement – less than 3 months old and not printed from the internet. Store card statements aren’t accepted

A full UK or foreign photocard driving license

UK mortgage statement – less than 12 months old and not printed from the internet

Benefit entitlement letter – less than 12 months old, confirming benefit payable at time of issue

Council Tax bill, payment book or exemption certificate – less than 12 months old

Student ID card – to set up student membership only. NUS and student union cards aren’t accepted

Letter/bill from utility company – less than 3 months old, except for water bills, which must relate to the current charging period. The letter/bill must confirm that you receive a service from the company and can’t be printed off the internet. Mobile phone bills aren’t accepted

Council rent book/card – showing a payment within past 12 months

TV Licence letter or Direct Debit schedule – less than 12 months old. The document needs to detail your name and address and confirm the existence of a TV License

Council/Housing Association tenancy agreement. Private tenancy agreements aren’t accepted

UCAS Letter – for student/graduate only. Less than 12 months old, showing offer of a place on a course in the current or next academic year

If you can’t provide at least 1 proof of ID and two separate proofs of address documents, please call us on 0208 0048226

NB: Provision of false or misleading information is an offense

Any registrants identified as having purposefully supplied false or misleading information in respect of their identity, DBS, clinical qualifications or blue light driving entitlement either preceding registration acceptance or post acceptance will be reported to the relevant authorities on grounds of fraud as well as public endangerment and legal action may be taken against them by Health Practice Associates CIC. Inline with the safeguarding act 2014/2015 any registrants found to have provided false or misleading information will be subsequently reported to associated organisations both nationally and internationally.

Please note that the presence of a interim-suspension, expired or inactive notice on a registration is not an indication that a registrant is guilty of any offense.  HPA accepts no liability for loss of earnings or reputation during this period, if you do not agree to these terms please do not register. Please read HPA's full terms and conditions before registering, thank you.

Key Partner Centres: Please be aware that HPA is continually building key partner relationships with registered organisations, if there is not a center in your location this may change in the near future. If you are a registered provider of healthcare and/or clinical training and are interested in becoming a HPA key partner please contact us via this form.